9. Initial Teacher Training
9.5 Partnership Committee
An ITT Partnership Committee of representatives from teacher education at the University and from partnership schools operates under the following terms of reference:
The Committee monitors the quality of the University and school-based elements of the PGCE course and advises the Teacher Education Committee on the effectiveness of the partnership arrangements.
- Director of Teacher Education; subject Programme Directors; the Partnership Manager and the Partnership Secretary.
- A minimum of seven senior staff representing schools within the Partnership.
School membership of the Committee is restricted to schools in active Partnership and representatives will reflect, where possible, the different types and geographical spread of Partnership Schools.
Terms of Reference
- To monitor the quality of the planning, delivery and assessment of the PGCE course.
- To oversee the implementation of the current DfE/NCTL requirements for ITT.
- To advise on the transfer and use of resources from the University to Partnership Schools in respect of the responsibilities and requirements of ITT Partnership.
- To provide advice and guidance on the continued development and enhancement of the relationship between Partnership schools and the University.
- To receive and consider regular reports from the Subject Advisory Groups.
- To bring forward for inclusion on the agenda of the Teacher Education Committee any issue which the Partnership Schools wish to be discussed and which is not otherwise represented on the agenda of that committee.
The Committee submits reports to the Teacher Education Committee.