7. Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught Admissions
7.1 Student Recruitment and Admissions Sub-Committee
The Sub-Committee has strategic oversight of undergraduate and postgraduate taught student populations and intakes as they relate to financial forecasts and business planning. In addition, it has central responsibility for overseeing the University’s recruitment plan and admissions policy for both UK/EU and international students. This includes the monitoring of application and conversion data, and comparing this against intake targets.
It is a sub-group of Operations Committee and is informed by regular interaction with colleagues in Schools. In addition reports to Senate and Council through the PVC(T).
The following documents are relevant:
- The University's Admissions Policy
- The Good Practice Guide for Undergraduate Recruitment and Admissions
- Guidelines for Good Practice to Support Mature Students
- Summary of procedures relating to Undergraduate Applicants with Additional Needs
- Admissions Policy for Students with Disabilities
- Policy and Procedure for applicants declaring a Criminal Conviction
- Guidelines on the withdrawal or suspension of Advertised Undergraduate Programmes - appendix 19g
- The Good Practice Guide on Postgraduate Taught Recruitment - Feb 2006 page
- Guidelines on dealing with International Student Enquiries and Applications - appendix 19h - this is going to be deleted