Emma Walton BA (Ulster), MA (UNL), FHEA
Director of Library Services and University Librarian
To provide strategic direction and leadership for the University Library and the development of its services, staff and space.
To lead the efficient and effective planning, co-ordination, development and delivery of appropriate library services to the staff and students of the University and other stakeholders.
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy 2010-
Member of the Mercian Collaboration Steering Group and Chair of the Conference Group
Member of the Mercian Collaboration ( Directors of Midlands Libraries)
SCONUL representative for the University Library
Member of Loughborough University Senate, Learning and Teaching Committee and Student Discipline Committee
- Introduction to a snapshot overview of library induction methods :Large-group induction at the Universityof Sussex Library: adapting the Cephalonian method in SCONUL Focus 40 Spring 2007 57
- Delivering academic support at the University of Sussex Library SCONUL Focus - Number 45, 2009
- Case study on University of Sussex’ Patron Drive Acquisition ebook planfor JISC project -The Role of Metadata in the Discovery, Selection and Acquisition of e-Books 2011 https://ebmotmet.wikispaces.com/Case_studies
- 19th April 2011 @LILAC Sharing an ethos: supporting new teachers at the University of Sussex
- November 24th 2011 CILIP Executive Briefing: Ebooks: putting policy into practice