IT User Account
Staff & Students are advised to change their passwords regularly for security reasons.
This can be done by logging on to a University Computer and then pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and clicking on Change Password.
It must meet the following:
- 8 characters in length
- NOT contain any personal details
- MUST contain at least three out of the following four:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- Non-Alphanumeric characters (!"£$%^&*)
- Avoid common words and number combinations (e.g. "password"; "1234")
- Replace characters with similar characters (e.g. o and 0; 5 and S)
- Make passwords easy to remember by using the following:
- Create an acronym
- Use a memorable phrase
- Use multiple common but unrelated words