Help and Support
University I.T. Policies
Acceptable Use Policies are there for your protection. You are strongly advised to read through them in order to avoid any possible misunderstandings in the future.
The Loughborough University Acceptable Use Policy applies to all users of the University's computer facilities including the network. There are additional requirements for users of HallNet (this link will take you to the IT Services Student webpages), the Student Hall network service.
Other University policies apply, e.g. when disposing of computer equipment - see WEEE (Waste Electric & Electronic Equipment).
External IT Policies
The University also makes use of the Joint Academic Network (Janet), for example to connect to the Internet, and its Policies apply to you too:
- Chest (Combined Higher Educational Software Team) user obligations applies to staff using or installing software
- Eduserv General terms of Service applies to some software and databases typically available via the Library
Related University Policies
These are University policies which relate to I.T. without being classified as an I.T. policy. They still apply to you, and we provide the relevant links for your convenience.
- University Mass Email Policy
- University Information Governance Policies
- Policy on Harassment and Bullying
- Copyright Issues
- Freedom of Information Act
- Data Protection Act
- Data Protection Act Policy
- Data Protection Act - Disclosure of Information over the Telephone
- Data Protection Act - Disclosure of Student Information
- Data Protection Act - Guidance on Publicity Photographs
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Disposal