Printing on campus couldn’t be simpler using the university’s Print Service provided by Design and Print Services, who manage the full service and the provision of the Multi Functional Devices (MFDs). Please refer to Print Services website.
Printers are located all over campus, both for public access and within departments (generally restricted to staff printing only). These devices provide the following facilities:
- Printing in black and white (double sided by default)
- Printing in colour (single sided by default)
- Copying (the device acts like a traditional photocopier)
- Scan to email (documents/photos can be scanned and emailed to any email address.
In order to print, you will need the following:
- STUDENTS: Sufficient print credits to pay for your printout
- A computer that is set up to print to the university print queues
- Knowledge of printer locations across campus
- Your swipe card (or your username and password) to collect your printout
Users send their document to a print queue, walk up to any printer on campus, swipe their ID card and choose what to print. We call this ‘Follow Me Printing’.
Printing from labs computers
Computers in labs are already configured to print to the university print queues. Simply choose one of the following queues from the print dialog in your application depending on whether you need to print in colour or black & white (mono):
You can then collect your printout from any of the ‘Follow Me’ printers on campus.
Wide format (A0) printing
You can select wide format (A0) printing from any IT Services lab computers, and can produce A0, A1, A2, or custom sized output (but nothing larger than A0). This service is provided by Creative and Print Services located in the Herbert Manzoni Building (opposite the EHB). For more information on this service, please visit Wide format (A0) printing
Printing from your own computer
If you want to set up printing from your computer, you will need to be connected to the campus network by one of the following:ePayment print credit system
If you are off campus you will need to use the VPN service before you can use the ePayments systems