The Enterprise Projects Group (EPG) manages and allocates funding received from the HEFCE Higher Education Innovation Fund (HEIF) and the EPSRC Impact Acceleration Account (IAA).
EPG funding aims to accelerate the translation of research outputs into social, economic and cultural impacts.
The dates for upcoming funding calls are available on the Enterprise calendar. If all funding is allocated, deadlines may be withdrawn.
For more information and an application form, please contact Andrew Bowler.
EPG funding supports a wide range of activity, including:
- business engagement and networking activities
- collaborations with external partners
- enterprise fellowships
- market analysis and business case development
- proof of concept and prototype development
- secondments – in and out of the University
- enterprise-related training
EPG are particularly keen to support short-term secondment activity which should:
- involve the secondment of academic or research staff into external organisations, or the secondment of industrial or other research-user personnel into the University to work alongside academics
- comprise clear knowledge transfer with the potential to generate impact for both the academic team and the collaborating organisation
- include a letter of support from any collaborating organisation, detailing their commitment to the project