Services for staff
Careers Advice for Staff and Research Staff
As a Loughborough University employee you are entitled to use Careers Network, which provides a range of services for staff members, including research staff.
Research staff can access careers support through Loughborough University's Careers Network.
Whether your desired career is here at Loughborough University or elsewhere, in your current field or something different, we are committed to giving you impartial and independent career development and employability support, advice and guidance to Research Staff. Our dedicated Careers Consultant for Researchers, Eve Uhlig can help you to:
- Research your career options, plan and prepare for a tranisition.
- Locate the most relevant, up-to-date careers information.
- Access a wide range of career planning tools.
- Explore options for your next step after PhD.
- Receive end of contract careers advice.
We offer a range of services listed below.
- Quick Advice- 20 minutes with a Careers Consultant to check CV's, letters and applications or answer quick queries.
- Book online using Careers Online or telephone 01509 222039.
- Careers Consultations - 45 minutes with a Careers Consultant for a more in depth discussion. We can discuss what next after the end of contract, your next career move or transition and we also provide interview coaching to help you hone your interview skills.
- Arrange an appointment by telephone 01509 222039
If you are booking your first consultation, please take a look at "What to expect from a Career Consultation", and download and complete the relevant consultation form at the bottom of this page. Don't forget to bring it with you to your appointment.
Workshops and Events
Careers Network runs a series of Workshops for Researchers - a range of workshops designed specifically for Research Students and Research Staff. Topics include Career Management, Effective Job Applications, Successful Interviews, Networking for Careers and more.
Scroll down to the Researchers section of the Direct Your Career page of our website for detailed information.
Researcher Career Contacts - How can this help me?
We maintain a database of doctoral graduates and past research staff who have agreed to help Loughborough students, graduates and research staff with their career planning. Through this scheme you can contact Loughborough doctoral graduates and past research staff who can help you with your career planning.
Have a look at the Researcher Career Contacts page for more information.
Research Staff Mentoring Scheme
This scheme, specifically for Research Staff, matches researchers to a more experienced academic. The mentor provides non-judgemental support to develop the mentee’s career, personally and professionally, at any career point. More information here.
Our Careers Consultants can help you to:
- Review your career options
- Research opportunities
- Access a wide range of career planning tools
- Tailor your CV
- Perform well at interview
We offer the following services:
- Quick Advice - 15 minutes with a careers consultant to review CVs, letters and applications or answer quick queries.
- Book online using Careers Online or telephone 01509 222039 up to two weeks in advance.
- Career Consultations - 30 minutes with a careers consultant to discuss any career-related issues.
- Book by telephone 01509 222039
- Interview Coaching - 30 minutes to practise your interview technique and receive feedback.
- Book by telephone 01509 222039
When booking your first consultation, please take a look at "What to expect from a Career Consultation", download and complete the relevant consultation form at the bottom of this page and bring it with you to your appointment.