Current students - accommodation options for 2017-18
3 March 2017
Current Students - Where will I live next year?
Return to Hall?
Continue the Loughborough Experience in University Halls?
Online applications closed on 27 January. Successful applicants will receive their offer via email by the end of March 2017. Accept the offer on-line and pay your room bond of £150 - no paperwork to return.
Please note: Some students have started to receive their accommodation offers - if you are not successful in being offered a room in the first batch of offers, please be assured that your application is still awaiting allocation. Some students do not accept their room offers so you may be considered in the next batch of offers to be sent out over the next few weeks. If we are unable to offer you a room in one of your preference halls, we will look at your other preferences or alternative options, (i.e. your current/previous hall).
If you no longer require Halls accommodation - please let us know so we can cancel your application and consider someone else!
Missed the deadline to apply?
Offers to late applications will depend on availability.
Have a chat with the Student Accommodation Centre team to discuss your options.
Late applicants will be held on a ‘waiting list’. We may not be able to consider these applicants until May/June, based on the first year student intake numbers and returner cancelations.
Prefer to live off campus?
The University’s website is the best place to start looking for off campus accommodation.
The houses AND the landlords are quality checked, so you can avoid a lot of hassle and potential problems by using us in your search for a new home.
- A large range of University approved and graded properties – all Landlords accredited by DASH Landlord Accreditation Scheme
- Over 90% within 15 minutes’ walk of the campus
- Peace of mind – support and advice from the Campus Living Accommodation Team
- On campus office located on University Road – call in and see us
Food for thought……
Last year many students came to the University Student Services or the Accommodation Centre for help with getting out of a housing contract that they no longer wanted.
Most of these enquiries were from students that had rushed / jumped / been pressured / bullied into signing a contract way too early (sometimes within fresher’s week, or their first weeks of university studies!!).
Signing too early has a very real potential for causing a number of dilemmas;
- Sign for an accommodation that you cannot afford
- Joining with a group of “friends” that later become your worst enemies
- Sign a room and later decide that you don’t wish to continue your studies / or attend a different uni.
- Booking an accommodation that is in a terrible condition when you go to move in, despite looking fine when you viewed it (10 months earlier!)
Don’t feel pressured into making a rush decision, there is plenty of accommodation available in Loughborough. The longer you leave it - the more chance you have to negotiate a deal and avoid paying Summer rent! The best bargains are often to be had by waiting until later in the year! #DontRentYet
We will help you find accommodation, be it halls or a house, that is right for you!
If you choose Loughborough as your Firm choice University, you will be able to apply for Halls accommodation from May 2017. More information..