Halls of residence
This hall is currently undergoing a refurbishment programme which may lead to some inconvenience or noise disturbance during normal working hours. The construction of a new accommodation block will be carried out during the 2017/18 academic year. Hall Management will use reasonable endeavours to keep residents informed in advance of any works likely to affect them.
Forest Court was built in the 1960s. After a management deal between Loughborough University and Derwent Living in 1999, the Hall was subsequently transferred to Student Beehive Group in June 2014. Located on the edge of the town centre and only 15 minutes walk to campus. Westbridge House is only a few minutes from Forest Court, towards the University.
This hall is managed by a third party provider Student Beehive Group.
- Bedrooms: 190
- Catering: Self-catered
- Student types: Postgraduate
- Location: East (just off campus)
Forest Court – Blocks A, B, C
160 en-suite rooms in four bedroom flats, sharing a large kitchen/diner (dishwasher provided). Consisting of 3 x four storey blocks.
- The accommodation is in clusters of four bedroom self contained flats sharing a large kitchen/diner
- Block A - 32 x single en-suite rooms (undergoing refurbishment during 2016-17, to be completed by September 17)
- Block B - 64 x single en-suite rooms (fully refurbished)
- Block C - 64 x single en-suite rooms (undergoing refurbishment during 2016-17, to be completed by September 17)
- Block D – new build starting June 17 (to be completed for September 18)
- Most rooms have 4ft beds (double bedding recommended)
- Pillows are NOT provided
- Weekly cleaning services provided to communal areas and corridors
- The University network and internet access are available by both wired and wireless networks
- Flat screen TV’s in all rooms and kitchens (TV Licence required)
- Bike storage (bicycles stored at this hall are covered under the University block insurance policy)
- Limited parking available (bookable direct with Student Beehive)
Westbridge House - Block E annex
A mix of 30 rooms in a character building located on Forest Road. This house will be fully refurbished for September 17.
- 9 x single en-suite rooms (4 or 5 rooms sharing large kitchen/diner)
- 12 x studio rooms
- 9 x 1 bedroom self-contained flats
- All rooms have 4ft beds
- Washing machine located in each kitchen/diner for all residents to use
- Internet and Wi-Fi provided by Student beehive provider (Virgin Media)
- Flat screen TV’s in all rooms (TV Licence required)
Hall postal address
67-69 Forest Road
Accommodation packages available for 2017/18#:
#Rents are discounted to reflect the possible disturbance during construction i.e. £1000pa less than comparable accommodation (John Phillips our other en-suite postgraduate hall)
- Ensuite bedrooms for 50 weeks @ £5,521.74*
- Ensuite (4 ft bed) bedrooms for 50 weeks @ £5,779.76*
- Studio (4 ft bed) for 50 weeks @ £7,488.00* (Westbridge House only)
- 1 bedroom self-contained flat (4 ft bed) for 50 weeks @ £8,550.00* (Westbridge House only)
*plus pro rata fee for fresher week from Thursday 28 September 2017
- New Postgraduates: Thursday 28 September 2017
50 weeks let: 28 September 2017 - 15 September 2018
Rooms available throughout the Christmas and Easter vacations.
Rooms to be vacated by 10.00am on the end date of the contract:
- Saturday 15 September 2018 (Postgraduate students)
The Hall management team is responsible for dealing with any problems that you may have regarding your accommodation
Hall management information
Accommodation Manager: Jane Wilson
Phone: +44 (0)1509 767900
Facilities Manager: Lukasz Heczko
Phone: +44 (0)1509 767900 or +44 (0)7704413174
Out of hours support
Duty Mobile: 07541993125
On call between 18:00 and 24:00
In the event of an emergency, please contact University security on 0800 526966 (Freephone) or 01509 222141
The Student Accommodation Centre team also offer additional help and support during your stay.