17 Feb 2017
Current students - accommodation options for 2017-18
Continue the Loughborough Experience in University Halls?
Online applications closed on 27 January. Hall applications are currently being considered by the wardens. Successful applicants will receive their offer via email by the end of March 2017. Accept the offer on-line and pay your room bond of £140 - no paperwork to return.
If you no longer require Halls accommodation - please let us know so we can cancel your application and consider someone else!
Missed the deadline to apply?
Please note: due to the high number of applications received, applications will only re-open for the following halls: Cayley, David Collett, Faraday, Royce, Rutherford.
- Applications are not on a 'first come' basis - remember to apply using the 2017-18 application tab!
- You will not be able to reserve your room online - you will be asked to register 3 preferences for accommodation.
- Late applicants can now only apply for certain catered halls.
- Hall Fees 2017-18
Prefer to live off campus?
The university’s website is the best place to start looking for off campus accommodation.
We opened our 2017-18 Housing List on Thursday 1 December.
The houses AND the landlords are quality checked, so you can avoid a lot of hassle and potential problems by using us in your search for a new home.
- A large range of University approved and graded properties – all Landlords accredited by DASH Landlord Accreditation Scheme.
- Over 90% within 15 minutes’ walk of the campus.
- Peace of mind – support and advice from the Campus Living Accommodation Team.
- On campus office located on University Road – call in and see us.
The Student Union Housing Fair is on Monday 12 December, in Student Union – Room 1 between 11 am and 3:30 pm.
This is the best time to start looking, so keep in touch with the Student Union and Student Accommodation Centre through social media and look out for more info about this annual event.
Food for thought...
Last year many students came to the University Student Services or the Accommodation Centre for help with getting out of a housing contract that they no longer wanted.
Most of these enquiries were from students that had rushed / jumped / been pressured / bullied into signing a contract way too early (sometimes within fresher’s week, or their first weeks of university studies).
Signing too early has a very real potential for causing a number of dilemmas;
- Sign for an accommodation that you cannot afford.
- Joining with a group of “friends” that later become your worst enemies.
- Sign a room and later decide that you don’t wish to continue your studies / or attend a different uni.
- Booking an accommodation that is in a terrible condition when you go to move in, despite looking fine when you viewed it (10 months earlier).
Many agents in town are targeting students to ‘sign up now’. Don’t feel pressured into making a rush decision, there is plenty of accommodation available in Loughborough. The longer you leave it - the more chance you have to negotiate a deal and avoid paying Summer rent! The best bargains are often to be had by waiting until later in the year! #DontRentYet
We will help you find accommodation, be it halls or a house, that is right for you.
If you choose Loughborough as your Firm choice University, you will be able to apply for Halls accommodation from May 2017. Click here for more information.