Centre for Data Science
Event: Today's Data Predicting Tomorrow
Date: Monday 11 & Tuesday 12 April 2016
The Centre for Data Science at Loughborough University welcomes you to its first networking event, being held on Monday 11 & Tuesday 12 April. The two-day meeting will bring together a range of academics from the region to include generators of large datasets, scientists interested in predictive modelling, data analysers among many others.
This event will allow the unique space for cross–disciplinary discussions that may yield to fruitful collaborations.
- Prof. Jon Crowcroft, Marconi Professor of Communication Systems, University of Cambridge
- Prof. Mark Rodger, Director for Centre for Scientific Computing, University of Warwick
- Prof. Paul Thomas, Professor of Analytical Science, Loughborough University
Main areas of interest:
- Machine learning
- Data fusion for prediction and predictive analytics
- Mathematical models of complex systems
- System identification, parameter estimation,
- statistical models
- Analysis of time series
- Pattern recognition and learning
- Dr. Hartmut Boesch (University of Leicester)
- Dr. Gareth Conduit (University of Cambridge)
- Prof. Jon Crowcroft (University of Cambridge)
- Ms. Nafsika C. Drosou (Loughborough University)
- Prof. Ian Dryden (University of Nottingham)
- Dr. Vitaliy Kurlin (Durham University)
- Dr. Niels Lohse (Loughborough University)
- Prof. Philip Moriarty (University of Nottingham)
- Dr. Benjamin Passow (De Montfort University)
- Prof. Mark Rodger (University of Warwick)
- Prof. Paul Thomas (Loughborough University)
- Dr. Frank Wood (University of Oxford)
We are only a few days away from the workshop "Today's Data Predicting Tomorrow" organised by the Centre for Data Science at Loughborough University.
The event will take place at Burleigh Court Conference Centre located on the university campus. Directions can be found here:
If you come to Loughborough by train, the best way to reach the workshop venue is by the University Shuttle buses operated by Kinchbus that leave from outside the train station. Please check www.kinchbus.co.uk for timetables.
Get off at the stop "Pilkington Library" from where it takes a couple of minutes walking to reach Burleigh Court.
Click the link to download the provisional Centre For Data Science event programme.
A copy of the final program and of the book of abstracts will be provided at registration.
If you are giving a presentation and you have any special requirements for audio/video, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Loughborough.
To register please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your details and affiliation. Please indicate "Centre for Data Science Event" in the subject.