Choosing a publisher
- Check the publishers of the books you read and cite
- Ask your AD(R) and experienced colleagues for their advice
- Look at the publishers of book submissions appearing in the top quartile of your REF UoA.
Checking your contract
- Have you checked the Publishers Association Code of Practice on Author Contracts?
- Consider asking the Society of Authors to check your contract (about £100).
Going open access?
- The UK Oapen Project has produced a Guide to open access monograph publishing for arts, humanities and social science researchers
- Prof. Geoffrey Crossick has written a report on open access monograph publishing for HEFCE.