Dr Daniel Fong
Senior Lecturer in Rehabilitation Science
Daniel Fong is a Senior Lecturer in Rehabilitation Science who employs biomechanics and biomedical engineering technique in orthopaedic sports medicine research. While his main research interest is on sport-related ankle sprain injury, he also has considerable experience in research on prosthesis and orthotics design, rehabilitation equipment design, gait pattern of amputees, and biomechanics analysis in disabled sports performance.
Please visit Daniel’s full School profile at http://www.lboro.ac.uk/ssehs/staff/dr-daniel-fong.html.
- BSc in Physics (2000)
- MSc in Exercise Science (2004)
- PhD in Orthopaedics and Traumatology (2008)
Selected recent publications
- Ma H, Lai WY, Liao WH, Fong DTP, Chan KM (2013). Design and control of a powered knee orthosis for gait assistance. In Proceedings of the IEEE/ASME International Conference on Advanced Intelligent Mechatronics (AIM), (pp. 816-821)
- Ho KCK, Hung ASL, Fong DTP (2013). Kinematics and physiological effect of a synchronized bipedal “rise-sit-go” cycling exercise. In Proceedings of XXXI International Symposium on Biomechanics in Sports (B7-2)
- Fong DTP, Yam KY, Chu VWS, Cheung RTH, Chan KM (2012). Upper limb muscle fatigue during prolonged Boccia games with under arm throwing technique. Sports Biomechanics, 11(4), 441-451.
- Guo H, Hung ASL, Liao WH, Fong DTP, Chan KM (2011). Gait analysis for designing a new assistive knee brace. In Proceedings of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Biomimetics, (pp. 1990-1995).
- Hung ASL, Guo H, Liao WH, Fong DTP, Chan KM (2011). Experimental studies on kinematics and kinetics of walking with an assistive knee brace. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Information and Automation & International Symposium on Integration Technology (pp. 45-50).
- Fung YK, Chow BC, Fong DTP, Chan KM (2010). A kinematic analysis of trunk ability in wheelchair fencing: a pilot study. In Proceedings of XXVIII International Symposium on Biomechanics in Sports (pp. 126-129).
- Tang YM, Tsoi MHC, Fong DTP, Lui PPY, Hui KC, Chan KM* (2007). The development of a virtual cycling simulator. In Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference, Edutainment 2007 [Lecture Notes in Computer Science] (4469), 162-170.