is designed as a tool to help parents, teachers and librarians in schools and public libraries to guide children who have already enjoyed stories by one writer to find other authors they will enjoy reading.
The 4th edition lists 759 writers of children’s fiction, and with each name suggests other authors who write in a similar way. The idea is that you look up one of your favourite children’s authors, then try reading a book by one of the other authors suggested underneath. By moving from one entry to another children can expand the number of writers they enjoy.
Who Next...? is arranged in four age groups: for children aged 5–7, 8–11, 12–14 and, new for this edition, 14+ years, and also features:
- Listings by genre and theme
- Key book titles and series of titles for each author
- Graphic novels and titles for dyslexic or struggling readers
- List of authors included who also write short stories NEW
- Authors whose titles are sometimes available as Talking books and, new for this edition, ebooks
- A list of prize-winning children's books
- Books and websites for further exploration
4th edition edited by Viv Warren and Mary Yardley
Published July 2011
£21.99 £5.00 - including postage to a UK address
The Who Next...? system of linking
authors was first used successfully in a similar guide to adult fiction: Who else writes like...? a readers'
guide to fiction authors - now in its seventh edition and also published by LISU.