LISU is an internationally renowned research and information centre for library and information services,
based in the the which is part of the School of Business and Economics at Loughborough University.
We publish resources for librarians and library managers:
- A selection of statistical information for and about the library domain in the UK
- Details of fines and charges in public libraries in England and Wales
- Readers' guides to fiction and children's authors
- Reports of research and special projects
We collate and prepare for publication the annual management statistics of SCONUL and UCISA.
We operate an extensive consultancy service, including:
- All aspects of survey design, processing and analysis
- Development and interpretation of management statistics
- Tailored seminars and workshops
- Statistical benchmarking
- Performance evaluation and improvement
- Evidence based management support for quantitative and qualitative methods/approaches
We employ a dedicated team of experienced researchers, who undertake specific research projects for a wide variety of commissioning bodies, and collaborate with colleagues in CIM and elsewhere to undertake research. We are also at the heart of a new School-wide initiative - The Institute for Consultancy and Research Application (ICRA) - to roll out user-facing research across the range of topic areas within School of Business and Economics.