Welcome to the Loughborough University web page for students from Tanzania!
With origins as a Technical Institute first formed in 1909, Loughborough University received its Royal Charter in 1966. Then called ‘Loughborough University of Technology’, it was the country’s first technological university.
We have welcomed Tanzanian students to Loughborough for decades. The university offers numerous scholarship opportunities from partial merit awards of 25% through to the 90% Dean’s Award Scholarship. In September 2015, we welcomed students to our London campus for the first time, with our launch of Loughborough University in London (LUiL).
Loughborough has performed well in each of the national league tables published this year and is ranked 4th in the UK (Guardian 2017). We are proud to have won the WhatUni University of the Year 2015 as well as awards for the Best Student Union and Best Accommodation. If you hold a Tanzania Certificate of Education in English grade C or above then you may not be required to take an IELTS exam.
Please find below the popular programmes for Tanzanian students. If you would like any further information about your programme of interest you can contact the department directly by following the 'contact us' link on each programme page.
- Business, Finance and Management (including MBA and MBA with internship)
- Chemical and Materials Engineering including Polymers and Nanotechnology
- Civil and Building Engineering
- Computer Science
- Digital Cloud Technology and Internet
- Electronic, Electrical and Systems Engineering
- Energy related Engineering (Distance Learning available)
- Industrial / Product Design
- International Relations
- Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
- Mobile Technology
- Water and Waste Management (Distance Learning available)