NOTICE OF MINOR WORKS (2/7/18)
W & S Building Adaptation and Refurbishment Project No 11452
New footpath works S Building
SPECIFICS OF THIS NOTICE: Half Road Closure on University Road Week Commencing 02nd July 2018
This is to give notice of work associated with the above project:
As part of the W&S refurbishment project works are required to install a new footpath along University Road adjacent to the S Building. The extent of the path works can be seen below. The extent of the half road closure will vary during the four-week program and will be managed by a combination of temporary traffic lights and priority boards.
Due to Health & Safety requirements the only viable and safe option is to close half the road. Work will commence on 2nd July for a four-week period. Pedestrian access will still be available on the opposite side of the road to the works.
• Monday 2nd July 2018 – Site set up including installation of traffic management.
• Monday 2nd July 2018 – 27th July 2018 – Formation of new path and retaining structures where required.
• Friday 27th July 2018 – Removal of temporary traffic management and fencing.
HOW WILL THE WORK EFFECT ME
• Restrictions to flow of traffic on University road due to the half road closure.
• Emergency evacuation routes will remain unaltered (as per the agreed temporary arrangements for the internal works to S Building) during the period of works with any necessary diversions being advised by further notices and any diversions clearly sign posted.
• Every effort will be made to keep construction activities to a minimum, specifically noise, dust and work processes.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
• The Project Manager from Facilities Management looking after the works is detailed below, he will be pleased to assist in any way possible and practicable with difficulties you experience as a result of these major works.
Jim Henry – Project Manager. Jim will be available by phone and email to deal with any concerns or problems. Contact details extension 222124/ mobile 07969597272 or email email@example.com.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• For your own safety and that of others, Facilities Management and the contractors would request that you assist by taking note of the works that are in progress and alternative routes and warnings that may be signed.