// Students noticeboard
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT NOTICE OF MAJOR WORKS
NOTICE OF MAJOR WORKS
W & S BUILDING ADAPTATION AND REFURBISHMENT PROJECT NO 11452 – UPDATE 21.08.17
WORK ON MAINS COLD WATER SUPPLY SERVING THE WEST SITE
Further to the recent notice regarding works affecting the water supplies on the West Site, please find below an update on ‘Work Activity 2’.
WORK ACTIVITY 2 – SEVERN TRENT CHANGING MAIN INCOMING VALVE
As previously notified there will be a loss of water supply for a short period during the day.
This work is planned for Wednesday 23rd August. Due to how Severn Trent operate, we can only advise that the work will take place sometime between 7.00am and 5.00pm and that the water supply will be turned off for somewhere between 1 and 3 hours.
The following buildings will be affected
S Boiler House
Sir David Davies
Sir Frank Gibb Teaching
Sir Frank Gibb Labs
Robert Bakewell Hall
Elvyn Richards Accommodation Blocks
John Phillips Hall
Wardens Houses – Building numbers 556 & 557
A large number of the buildings have tank water supplies and therefore we are hoping that this will mean that there is little or no impact on the water supplies in these buildings, particularly toilets. Some buildings however are likely to be without water once the work commences and occupants will therefore have to use alternative toilet facilities in nearby buildings.
If the water supply is lost to facilities please do not leave taps open as this can cause flooding issues when the supply is re-instated. Also please cease from using the WC’s and use the facilities in other buildings listed below.
Keith Green Building
FM apologise in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, however this is essential work being carried out by the water supplier Severn Trent and is beyond LU’s control in terms of the timing of this work.
We will monitor the situation once Severn Trent’s installation team commence work on site and we will update with further notices and information if necessary on the day.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
• The Facilities Management team looking after the works are as detailed below, and any of them will be pleased to assist in any way possible and practicable with difficulties you experience as a result of these major works.
• Gavin Noon – Project Engineer (Mechanical). Gavin is the main point of contact for any issues or queries you may have about these works. Contact details ext 228067/mobile 07971 324928/email email@example.com
• Shaun Green – Project Manager - Contact details ext 222265/mobile 07971 636268/email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Damien Richmond – Team Leader (Mechanical) - Contact details ex 223796/email D.Richmond@lboro.ac.uk
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• If you have any worries at all about the works, or you have been affected in some way by them, please do contact one of the above staff. We will deal promptly with your concerns.