// Staff noticeboard
Notice of Minor Works - West Park Pathways
NOTICE OF MINOR WORKS
West Park Pathways - Project No 13137
SPECIFICS OF THIS NOTICE: PLANNED INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICE WORKS
This is to give notice of work associated with the above project:
The proposed work will provide/enhance the following in and around West Park Teaching Hub and STEM Lab:
• New road crossings, footpaths, cycle stands and disabled parking bays.
• A new bus pull-in on University Road opposite STEM Lab
• Provision of new lighting to footpath adjacent the sports pitch at West Park Teaching.
• Holywell Fitness Centre car park – new line marking to all bays, walkway with bollard protection.
• Infrastructure works to commence from 4th September 2017 to 29th September 2017.
HOW WILL THE WORK EFFECT ME
• Strictly no access to the work areas which will be clearly identified with protective fencing to LU staff and students.
• Some disruption in the area will be unavoidable during the refurbishment and access will be restricted to these areas during the work. This will be clearly identified by the contractor carrying out the work.
• Emergency evacuation routes will remain unaltered during the period of works with any necessary diversions being advised by further notices and any diversions clearly sign posted.
• Every effort will be made to keep construction activities to a minimum, specifically noise, dust and work processes.
Schedule of Works (in no particular order)
Side road to Burleigh Court
1. Re-white line 4 off car parking bays at top of road.
2. Build new stepped access and include stainless steel handrails from road level to STEM entrance level.
University Road (near bridge of W&S building)
3. Remove temporary crossing (burn off line marking and make good kerb edging).
4. Create new road crossing with dropped kerbs.
University Road (opposite STEM building)
5. Create new bus layby and alter pavement route to suit new layout.
6. Remove temporary crossing (burn off line marking and make good kerb edging). Install bus stop post (Kinchbus to supply sign)
West Park Teaching (access road & car park areas)
7. Remove grassed area and redundant electrical barrier control box. Make good road and pavement kerb edging and re-tarmac.
8. Install speed ramp to control vehicle access/egress to the above area.
9. Add timber edging to slate area for cycle hoops and make good area.
10. Remove existing cycle hoops and relocate.
11. Create new road crossing adjacent aco drain to proposed new pavement to Holywell Fitness Centre. Allow for one dropped kerb off pavement adjacent West Park Teaching Hub.
12. Create walkway route on existing tarmac parking area to Holywell Fitness Centre with white demarcation line + pedestrian graphics and allow for a stainless steel bollard in front of each parking bay.
13. Uplift existing grassed area in front of car parking bays and allow for tarmacadam surface with a stainless steel bollard in front of each parking bay.
14. Re-white line entire car park area.
15. Remove wooden picket fencing and temporary electrics on raised pathway.
16. Remove temporary crossing (burn off line marking and make good kerb edging).
17. Create new road crossing with dropped kerbs to line up with existing pathway opposite sports pitch.
18. Re-white line and create 3 DDA car parking spaces.
19. Create new cycle hoop area – remove grassed area and create a slate bed area with timber edging as existing across the road. Re-use cycle hoops and allow for additional cycle hoops.
20. Supply and install new lighting to pathway adjacent to the sports pitch on photo cell control.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
• The Project Manager from Facilities Management looking after the works is detailed below, he will be pleased to assist in any way possible and practicable with difficulties you experience as a result of these major works.
Shaun Green – Project Manager. Shaun will be available by phone and email to deal with any concerns or problems. Contact details ext 222265/ mobile 07971636268 or email S.J.Green@lboro.ac.uk
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• For your own safety and that of others, Facilities Management and the contractors would request that you assist by taking note of the works that are in progress and alternative routes and warnings that may be signed.