// Staff noticeboard
NOTICE OF MINOR WORKS - Sir Frank Gibb
FACILITIES MANAGEMENT - NOTICE OF MINOR WORKS
Walkway between Sir Frank Gibb Building and Sir Frank Gibb Laboratories
Work Commencing Monday 11th September 2017
• RM Installations (Nationwide) Ltd will be excavating and installing footings for the new walkway canopy
WHY DOES THE WORK NEED TO BE DONE?
• Footings are required for the new walkway canopy to ensure structural stability
• The work installing the footings will commence on Monday 11th September 2017 and is expected to be completed by Wednesday 20th September 2017 (weather permitting).
HOW WILL THE WORKS AFFECT ME?
• Barriers will be erected around areas being excavated
• A compound for welfare facilities will be sited in the carpark at the far end of the Sir Frank Gibb Laboratories.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION AND HELP?
• The Facilities Management project lead looking after the work is as detailed below.
Colin Meddows-Smith Clerk of Works. Contact details ext 222127/mobile 07794790681 email C.M.Smith@lboro.ac.uk
HEALTH AND SAFETY
• A CAT scan will be completed and a permit to excavate will be issued prior to excavation work commencing
• The project is CDM compliant.