// Staff noticeboard
Expense Claim process improvements go live today
Submit expense claims more easily and get paid faster!
The Finance Office has been working with the Change Team and a number of Academic Schools to improve our processes for travel and out of pocket expenses. The new process will be available for staff and PGR students to use from today.
What does it mean for me?
The benefits to you as a claimant will be:
- Faster payment times.
- No need to sellotape receipts to paper.
- No hard copy receipts needed- scans accepted instead.
- Access to a simple tool to upload electronic claims, which should save you time. No specialist corporate system knowledge required.
- Increased security, as bank details are no longer requested for each claim. Expenses will be paid into your payroll bank account.
The benefits to you as administrative staff will be:
- Significant saving in your time.
- No requirement to check expense claims in your School or Department before staff submission.
- The Finance Office will be responsible for all control checks and payment.
- Expense claim reports (on Agresso) will allow you to monitor budgets as usual.
How can I do my first expense claim?
Instructions on how to submit your claim, including the NEW claim form and the link to the upload portal are available on the Finance Office website. Training materials, including a voice-captioned video of the new process, instruction on how to scan receipts and instructions on how to bookmark the portal for future use, are also available here.
You will need to have:
- Legible scanned/photographed images of your receipts to upload.
- The correct Agresso project code that each item should be charged to (ie: your departmental code or research project code). By submitting your expense claim you confirm that you are authorised to charge expenses to this code. It is very important that you use the correct code to ensure the costs are accounted for in the right place in our finance records.
PhD students- please check your bank details
If you are a PhD student please ensure that the University holds valid bank details for you as payments will be made to your bank account details held on LEARN.Please check these details are correct before using the expense system for the first time.
Go to http://learn.lboro.ac.uk/. Access is via Student log-on → Student Resources → 'Maintain Student Bank details'.
Staff do not need to check the bank details we hold as we will pay expenses into the same account that your salary is paid into. You can amend that account at any time via MYHR and any change will impact payments for both your salary and expenses.
What can I claim?
All claims for reimbursement must be made within 3 months of incurring the expense. The Business Travel and Expenses policy is here.
Any queries should be addressed to your School/ Department Finance administrator in the first instance, or directly to the Finance Office at email@example.com or 01509 222018.