12 Jul 2017
Take Your Lunch Break Day is today
All staff are invited to take part in the University’s inaugural Take Your Lunch Break day today.
The event is designed to showcase the range of services, activities and facilities across campus that all staff can take advantage of on a day-to-day basis.
The lawn area outside the Hazlerigg Building is the location for a selection of stalls and activities and you’ll be able to take advantage of other free opportunities.
- Try something different for lunch? Choose from a selection of pop-up food stands
- Take part in a mindfulness /positive thinking session. Available in the Shirley Pearce Committee Room, Hazlerigg at 12.30pm or 1.30pm
- Test your hand-eye co-ordination with the Batak reaction challenge or try the smoothie bike
- Swim for free or try aqua jogging in the pool where Adam Peaty trains – anytime between 10.00am and 15.45pm.
- Try Pilates for free – in the Sir David Wallace sports hall at 12.30pm
- Learn more about the range of sport facilities, gym membership options and exercises classes available. There is something for everyone; from walking and running routes, through to Yoga and Zumba.
- Talk to staff from LU Arts about their lunchtime programme or visit the For & Against exhibition in Martin Hall - open 13.00-14.00pm
The chance to take a lunch break, relax with colleagues or just being able to take time out was highlighted as an issue in the recent Staff Survey. Take Your Lunch Break Day is one initiative of a wider programme designed to support the well- being of staff and drive forward improvements to the working environment across the University.
Professor Jacqui Glass, who led the Staff Survey, will launch the event at 11.30am. Alternatively, you can pop along anytime until 2.30pm.
A follow-up Take Your Lunch Break Day is planned for 20 September. Why not put the date in your diary now?