7 Feb 2017
Female academics and research staff invited to contribute to BBC programmes
Female academics and research staff who are interested in appearing on television and radio as presenters, or online as contributors, are invited to submit applications to attend a free media familiarisation day with the BBC.
The BBC Academy is running the project in conjunction with BBC news to offer an introduction to the media which will include practical experiences in front of a camera and masterclasses with industry professionals.
If you have expertise in the areas listed below and are interested in contributing to television, radio or online content, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more. Information on the application process can be found here.
What the BBC Academy is looking for:
Recognised expertise in any of the following areas:
- International relations and politics
- EU negotiations
- Local government / social care
- Politics – particularly from the North of England
- Policing / security / intelligence / military
- Senior police officers
- Law/constitution, particularly Brexit
- Women in music – production rather than performance
- Apprenticeship trades, especially building
- Science, technology, engineering and mathematics