10 Apr 2017
Notice of works: Restoration work on the Bastard Gates throughout April
Staff and students are advised that there will be continued restoration work to clean and renovate the Bastard Gates stonework throughout April, subject to weather conditions.
The gates were named after William Bastard, Chairman of the College Governors, and were officially opened in 1934.
The gates will remain open for pedestrian use whilst the restoration works take place, however, protective screening will be in place to ensure the area is safe for staff, students and members of the public. There may be some noise disruption as well as dust and debris in the affected area during this time.
The work is taking place to ensure the historic entrance gates will be preserved for the enjoyment of students and university users in the future.
For any enquiries, please contact Facilities Management on 01509 222121.