22 May 2015
Online Store rated ‘Excellent’ in mystery shopper exercise
The Online Store was recently inspected by a mystery shopper from the WPM.
A University mug was purchased from each HE/FE institution that sold one via their Online Store. Feedback from WPM, the company who supply the system, was that the store was excellent and that Loughborough was rated within the top 5 Institutions.
The areas that were looked at were:
- Store registration email
- Purchase email
- Using variations so that a product can be either collected or delivered
- Good descriptions and communication about the product
- Whether the store had the customer feedback facility enabled
- Whether the store used Google Analytics to keep an eye on store traffic
- Styling to ensure that customers are confident they are purchasing from the University
- Delivery time
- The inclusion of marketing Information
Jo Brewin, the University Store Manager said: “I’m really pleased with this result. We don’t have many complaints from customers and this just reassures us we are doing well and working together across departments.
Congratulations also need to go to Campus Living who send out the mugs. WPM was particularly pleased they tried a bit of cross selling by sending out a promotional flyer with the mug. We were only one of two Institutions that did this.’