5 May 2015
How can IT Services support your research needs?
IT Services is hosting a dedicated event for research active colleagues in May.
This event offers an opportunity for you to provide direct feedback on your IT requirements and address important topics.
The event will start with a number of short presentations on research-related IT services and possible future services, including:
- IT Support for Research
- Overview of the HPC Service
- Revision Control Systems
- Research Data Management
There will also be some feedback sessions and discussions in which researchers can engage and describe their requirements.
Topics are expected to include:
- Options to facilitate research collaboration, for example: SharePoint, Yammer, Figshare etc
- Research storage requirements
- Computational requirements: HPC, cloud, workstations
- Web and blog hosting
- Software development needs: revision control systems, training and communities of practice
This event will inform the future IT Strategy for IT support of research activities. Feedback within the HPC field will be shared with the HPC Stakeholder Group who steer and inform the HPC strategy.
Please send us your suggestions for topics to add to the discussions.
The event will take place on Wednesday 20 May, 12.30-14.00 in the James France Building, CC.1.11. Lunch will be provided.
To book your place please email email@example.com to confirm attendance and advise of any dietary requirements.