27 Apr 2015
New senior posts appointed
Professor of Healthcare Ergonomics and Patient Safety, Loughborough Design School
Susan Hignett has published research on falls, hospital design, patient handling, ambulance design and patient safety with research grants in excess of £1.6million. Susan is also Editor for Ergonomics and a member of the editorial boards of the Malaysian Journal of Ergonomics and Human Factors and Ergonomics in Manufacturing and Service Industries.
Professor of Operational Research, School of Business and Economics
Victor Podinovski has academic interests in the areas of operational research and management science. His main research focus is on nonparametric methods for the assessment of efficiency of organisations. Victor previously held a position of Professor of Operational Research at Warwick Business School.
Professor in Qualitative Health Research, School of Sport Exercise and Health Sciences
Brett Smith leads the psycho-social health and wellbeing strand within the internationally renowned Peter Harrison Centre for Disability Sport. He is also founding Editor-in-Chief of the award winning journal, Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health. For over 15 years, his research has focused on two complementary themes:
1) The psycho-social investigation of disability, health, and wellbeing
2) The advancement of qualitative methods and narrative theory
Director of Planning, Professional Services
Miranda Routledge has worked for the University for almost 18 years and to date, her experience has been based in the Academic Registry with a strong focus on student administration and university governance. Miranda’s new role as Director of Planning includes:
- Leading and managing the University’s Planning Team
- Playing a leading role in the development and implementation of the University Strategy
- Establishing effective planning processes to align budget/resource priorities with the strategy
- Providing guidance and support on HE and FE funding methodologies and ensuring the accuracy of statutory data returns
- Effective governance of planning related processes
Professor of Non Linear Dynamics, Wolfson School of Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
Stephanos Theodossiades has a PHD from the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece), Chartered Professional Engineer status and he is a Member of the IMechE and ASME. His research interests include automotive powertrain NVH, tribology/dynamics of mechanical systems and numerical/analytical methods on large/small scale applications with local nonlinearities. Stephanos’ new post includes similar research/teaching and admin responsibilities as his previous position of Reader in Dynamics.