29 May 2014
Gain practical experience of research with a vacation bursary
If next year will be your final year as an undergraduate, and you’re thinking about a career in research, then why not consider a vacation bursary?
Vacation bursaries provide you with the opportunity to gain first hand practical experience of research during the summer before your final year. Undertaking a project can help you consider whether you’d want to pursue a research career. Projects normally provide financial support for living expenses and last for around ten weeks during the summer vacation.
There are a number of opportunities available at Loughborough.
The Graduate School is offering 14 bursaries to work in the areas associated with engineering and the sciences underpinning engineering. For further information contact the Associate Dean of Research for your School.
The following Schools and research areas also have bursaries available for 2014.
- Aeronautical, Automotive, Chemical and Materials Engineering – contact Pat Storer P.Storer@lboro.ac.uk
- Business and Economics – contact Tracy Preston T.H.Preston@lboro.ac.uk
- School of Science – contact Rebecca Norton R.Norton@lboro.ac.uk
- Wolfson School – contact Anish Roy A.Roy3@lboro.ac.uk
- Enabling Technologies Research Challenge
For further information on how to apply for these, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are also many vacation bursaries available externally. Further details of these can be found at www.studentladder.co.uk