3 Dec 2014
Charnwood Student Safety Campaign – Day 3
Today marks day three of Student Safety Week in Loughborough. The campaign is designed to encourage students across the Borough to think about safety issues.
Thought of the Day – am I at risk of becoming a victim of crime?
Top tips to minimise the risk of becoming a victim of crime
- Always lock your doors and windows before you leave your room on campus or your house if you live off campus. If you live in a house don’t assume someone else will do this for you.
- Don’t assume first floor windows are OK. Some burglars are quite skilled at climbing!
- Write your student ID number on all your valuables with a UV pen (they are really cheap to buy)
- Visit www.immobilse.com and use it to register all of your valuables, so that you have a detailed record should any of them go missing
- Don’t leave bags, coats, laptops or other valuables unattended in any public space
- When on your way home always stick to main routes and well-lit areas and always travel with at least one other person. If you have to travel alone, call a cab. If using a cab always used a licensed taxi company.
Remember: Crime is low in Loughborough but by following these simple safety tips you will protect yourself and your belongings.