As part of the upgrade to Windows 10 you will also get the most recent versions of the office software you regularly use including Word, Excel and Power Point.
The core functionality of Office 2016 will be the same as what you're used to on Office 2010, but it will look a little different. You'll also get access to Office 365 - an online version of the Office software suite.
Office 365 is provides an online format for provision of all the Office products and a range of new ones. It provides a really convenient and flexible way of remote working.
Office 365 benefits include:
- Easy access to familiar Office applications through existing web access systems
- Unlimited file storage
- The ability to work seamlessly work on documents across all devices
- University support for mobile devices
- Access to data from anywhere off campus
- New software to support collaborative projects, such as Microsoft Groups and SharePoint
- Easy to use familiar Microsoft Office applications
- Easy access through the existing web access web site
- Rich collaboration tools for both staff, student and external collaborators - edit the same documents live on screen together.
New applications that will be available to you include:
Sway is a digital storytelling app that makes creating and sharing interactive reports, presentations, personal stories and more quick and easy. It’s easy to add text and your images from OneDrive and your device, or snap them directly into Sway with your built-in camera. You can also add content such as videos.
Create your own specialist app to help deliver your project or activity
A cloud based service that makes it practical and simple for users to build work flows.
A software application enabling cross system reporting.