The Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
Would you like to extend your visa to stay in the UK and develop your business?
If you are a non-EU student, the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa scheme allows you to extend your stay in the UK for up to two years after graduation – providing you have been identified by the University as having a viable business plan and entrepreneurial skills.
If you would like to be considered for a Graduate Entrepreneur Visa – and before submitting an Expression of Interest – we ask that you read the UK Government’s and University’s information about the scheme:
- Government information about the Graduate Entrepreneur Visa
- The University’s information about the Visa
At Loughborough, we have a simple three-stage application process.
Having read the Government’s and University’s information about the Visa, complete the Expression of Interest form.
- Answer each question as fully and completely as possible
- Enter “N/A”, if a question does not apply to you
- Note - there is no Save option for this form – it must be completed in one sitting
If your business is a group venture, each eligible person within the team must apply for a Graduate Entrepreneur Visa.
Each applicant will be contacted after submission to provide further details, but only the lead person should complete this further information form.
Your Expression of Interest and eligibility will be assessed.
If it is felt that you have a viable business, we will ask you to attend meetings with Student Advice and the Enterprise Team.
You will need to provide more information or complete a full Business Plan, using the templates that we will provide.
Your Business Plan will be reviewed and assessed.
You may be required to submit further details in order to answer any questions.
If the Plan is approved, the Enterprise Team will request an endorsement letter from Registry which can be used to support your Visa application.
- There is no guarantee that your application will be successful.
- The duration of the application process will vary.
- If you feel that a Graduate Entrepreneur Visa is not right for you, you could also look at the Sirius Programme.