Latest news from Loughborough University
13 Nov 2014
Unique opportunity to grow your business with government-backed Growth Voucher Programme
Loughborough University’s School of Business and Economics is pleased to announce that applications for the Small Business Charter Growth Vouchers Programme are now being sought from small business owners who are passionate about growing their business.
Thousands of enterprises have already benefited from strategic support from business schools. This new roll out of the Government’s Growth Vouchers Programme, through the consortium of six leading business schools holding the Small Business Charter, will allow small businesses to access world-class business support.
Businesses can apply via the online application portal www.sbcgrowthvouchers.co.uk. This initiative offers £2,000 of Government-matched funding to small businesses, providing access to high-quality leadership and management training at one of the consortium schools.
Loughborough’s School of Business and Economics is a trailblazing member of the Small Business Charter Award scheme, being one of the first schools to receive an award in recognition of the key role it has played in helping to support enterprise activity among its student population and in recognition of its innovative approaches in driving growth in SMEs.
Teaming up with the Government’s Growth Vouchers programme is yet another way in which Loughborough University is helping to support the small business community.
Eligible businesses can apply for a £2,000 voucher to match fund the cost of strategic advice in the following areas:
- Review of growth opportunity – competitor analysis tools
- Cash flow and general financial management
- Marketing strategies for small business
- Managing people – HR strategies for a growing small business
- Process mapping – understanding where I add value in my business
- Raising the finance for growth
- Planning next steps – with a business mentor
Notes for editors
Article reference number: November News
- The Growth Vouchers programme is a pioneering government initiative using a series of Randomised Controlled Trials (RCTs) to gather evidence on the impact the support has on future business performance. This is the first ever RCT in the domain of business support.
- Six business schools are participating in this pioneering project: Aston University, University College London, Southampton Solent University, University of Nottingham, Nottingham Trent University and Loughborough University.
About the Small Business Charter
The Small Business Charter originated following Lord Young’s report ‘Growing Your Business’, which was aimed at bringing business schools, business and entrepreneurs closer together to deliver support for small businesses and drive local economic growth.
Delivered in partnership with the Association of Business Schools, and with the support of Lord Young and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), the Small Business Charter Awards offers a springboard to unlocking support and investment for students, start-ups and small businesses. The Small Business Charter was launched at an event at No10 on 5th June 2014.
For more information about the SBC: http://smallbusinesscharter.org/
For information about the Small Business Charter please contact:
Small Business Charter
T: 07557 764 837
For information about the Association of Business Schools please contact:
Director of Strategic Marketing & External Relations
Association of Business Schools
T: 020 7634 9589
For information about Loughborough University School of Business and Economics please contact:
T: 01509 228849