As outlined in official University policy, Creative and Print Services are responsible for the procurement of all printed materials on behalf of Loughborough University.
Consequently the Finance Office will only pay invoices from approved printers, the process of which is managed by Creative and Print Services in liaison with customer departments.
Creative and Print Services coordinate this where possible through our in-house print unit, and through a framework agreement of approved print suppliers who work in partnership with Creative and Print Services. We call this latter element, Print Buying.
What is Print Buying?
Print Buying is the central procurement of University printed materials tendered through a list of approved print suppliers by Creative and Print Services.
This is a not-for profit activity which ensures:
- Cost effective production through economies of scale
- Service, quality and price guarantee University approved printers value Creative and Print Services custom. Our rigorous quality standards and status with approved printers enables us to always get the very best print service for you.
- Print Buying expertise We will always advise on the right specification for your budget and purpose and can source special finishes to enhance your product.
Print Buying only applies to the end process of course but if you wish we can take care of everything for you. From initial design by our award-winning design studio through to sourcing the best quality and value print.
Approving University printers
The University Purchasing Office and Creative and Print Services undergo an extensive tendering exercise within EU guidelines to select reliable, excellent quality printers on the University’s behalf.
Printers are approved on the basis of:
- quality of service
- financial stability
- technical ability
The Purchasing Office and Creative and Print Services have recently awarded new print contracts until February 2013. Printers that fail to maintain high standards in all criteria have their contract terminated.
Getting something printed
Whether you already have a specification, or you simply need advice, we will work with you to establish your printing requirements.
Design amd Print Services deal directly with the printer on your behalf, throughout the process to ensure that you receive the best service.
The following explains how the service works:
- Creative and Print Services confirm the specification and send to the printers
- Printer’s quotations are collated by Creative and Print Services
- Creative and Print Services send you the quotation with recommendations. This usually happens within 2 workings days of the initial enquiry.
- You accept the quotation and confirm preferred printer
- Creative and Print Services raise official University order within the same day
- Printer commences work
- Creative and Print Services approves printer’s proofs within 2 working days
- Printer delivers to Creative and Print Services. The delivery time is dependant upon the complexity of the print required ranging from 5 to 15 working days.
- Creative and Print Services check the quality of the finished job and we ensure delivery the same day.
- Creative and Print Services pay printer's invoice
- You pay by charge code
If you would like to get something printed, please contact Lynne Atkin, Account Manager on 01509 222193 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corporate identity approval
All artwork must conform to University guidelines. Creative and Print Services must approve design agency / freelance artwork prior to print.
We continually monitor all approved printers' performance to ensure best value and service. To ensure Creative and Print Services' internal print work is competitive, the Purchasing Office shall from time to time get quotations for comparison from approved printers.
Should our internal print not show best value, similar future work will be tendered competitively to approved printers.