We believe the best way to find out about "The Loughborough Experience" is to come and experience it yourself. Our University Open Days and UCAS visit days are a great opportunity to find out more about courses, departments and the outstanding facilities on campus.
Visting the department
The University hold four Open Days each year. At our open days we offer a wide range of talks and tours for you to learn more about Loughborough University and to find out from our current students what it’s really like studying here.
When you visit us on an Open Day you will:
- Get detailed course information through staffed information stands, talks and/or tours
- Hear current students talking about student life at Loughborough
- Have the opportunity to find out more about accommodation options
- Obtain information about student finance and the financial support available
- Talk staff about the wide range of student support services we provide
- Take a tour of the campus, including our world-class sports facilities.
We invite all applicants who receive an offer from us to a UCAS visit, usually in the period between February and March each year. We highly recommend you visit the School as it is the best way for you to see exactly what we have to offer. It gives you a chance to get more in-depth information about your chosen course.
The dates of this year's UCAS visits are, for Sport and Exercise Science, Sport Management, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, and Human Biology:
- Wednesday 7th February
- Wednesday 28th February
- Wednesday 14th March (Sport and Exercise Science & Sport Management only)
- Wednesday 21st March
For Loughborough Psychology courses (including Psychology, Social Psychology, Sport and Exercise Psychology, Psychology with Criminology, and Business Psychology):
- Saturday 10th February
- Wednesday 28th February
- Saturday 17th March
Getting the best out of a UCAS Visit Day
In the School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences we do our very best to ensure everyone who comes to visit has an enjoyable and informative experience, but to help you make the most of it we advise the following:
- Try and get here in plenty of time to register and visit the information stands before the main course presentations begin;
- Make a list of any questions and concerns you have, and ask our staff and student helpers. Our students, especially, will give you a wonderful insight into what it's like being part of Loughborough University;
- Don't be shy! The Visit Day is all about you, and is geared towards helping you make one of the most important decisions you will ever make, so take advantage of the opportunity to ask questions and find out everything that Loughborough has to offer;
- Wear comfortable shoes. At Loughborough we're extremely proud of our extensive 440 acre green campus and we want you to see why. So during the day there will be walking tours, but hopefully you will also see just how close all the amenities are to each other.