SSEHS Active is committed to developing and promoting initiatives to help professionals encourage more people to do more physical activity as part of everyday life.
Our primary aim is to develop, translate and disseminate research and practice-based evidence to expand and improve effective practice of physical activity promotion in the UK.
SSEHS Active provides professionals with
- A national focus and advocacy for physical activity
Working with key agencies to raise the profile of physical activity and its benefits.
Evidence-based resources, often in association with other national organisations, which provide sport, leisure, health and physical activity professionals with practical tools to help promote participation in physical activity.
Training around physical activity behaviour change and physical activity with children under five.
- Translating evidence into practice
Interpretation and translation of research and practice-based evidence to provide recommendations for policy and practice.
- A comprehensive information service
- Weekly physical activity bulletin: Weekly email bulletins with the latest physical activity news, events and publications.
- Website: ssehsactive.org.uk allows professionals to download resources and physical activity related information. The site is regularly updated so check it regularly to find out all the new developments.
- Evidence synthesis
Research literature is collated and key findings outlined.
Research and evaluation projects to develop the evidence base for what works in physical activity promotion.
- Partnership Working
Working in collaboration with a number of national and international agencies, organisations and groups with a common goal of increasing levels of physical activity.