Dr Louise Grove
Senior Lecturer in Criminology and Social Policy
BSc. MRes. Ph.D. Loughborough University
Tel: +44 (0)1509 564017
Dr Louise Grove works within the fields of crime prevention, crime science, and green criminology. She welcomes enquiries from potential PhD applicants in these areas.
You can connect with Louise in the following ways:
Personal website: http://louisegrove.com
Heritage Crime: Progress, Prospects and Prevention was published by Palgrave Macmillan in October 2014. Drawing on contributions from around the world, the book explores the problem of heritage crime across a range of contexts. Following the completion of this project, we secured a small amount of funding from the University of Helsinki to examine museum security in Finland and the UK.
‘Which burglary security devices work for whom and in what context?’ was a project funded by the Economic and Social Research Council for 18 months under the Secondary Data Analysis Initiative (ES/K003771/1) from 2013-15, using victim data from the Crime Survey of England and Wales. More information on this project can be found here.
In 2011-12 a collaboration with Newcastle University and the Council for British Archaeology on an English Heritage funded project examined the nature and extent of heritage crime in England. This received significant media coverage, and a summary of the findings is available here.
Earlier research focused on repeat victimisation, culminating in a systematic review commissioned by the Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention available here.
Current PhD students are researching: violent assault in the night-time economy; application of situational crime prevention techniques to nursing misdemeanours; improving non-invasive detection techniques for heritage thefts.
Louise leads the following modules:
- SSA206 Crime and Social Welfare: Policy in Practice
- SSB228 Green Criminology
- SSC220 Crime Prevention
- Garius, L. and L. Grove (2015) Enriching the University Experience through Volunteering: A Pilot Project. International Review of Victimology. Published online before print March 4, 2015, doi:10.1177/0269758015571474
- Grove, L. and Thomas, S. (2014) Heritage Crime: Progress, Prospects and Prevention. Palgrave Macmillan
- Tseloni, A., Thompson, R., Grove, L., Tilley, N. and G. Farrell (2014) The effectiveness of burglary security devices. Security Journal advance online publication 30 June 2014; doi: 10.1057/sj.2014.30
- Bleay, S., L.E. Grove, P.F. Kelly, R.S.P. King, K. Mayse, B.C. Shah and R. Wilson (2014) Non-invasive detection and chemical mapping of trace metal residues on the skin, RSC Advances No. 4 pp. 19525-19528
- Grove, L. (2013) Heritocide? Defining and exploring heritage crime, Public Archaeology 12 (4)
- Qureshi-Grew, F. and Grove, L. (2013) Thirty Years of Police Stops: Findings from the Crime Survey for England and Wales. The International Journal of Police Science and Management Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 157-168
- Grove, L., Farrell, G. and Farrington, D.P. and S.D. Johnson (2012) Preventing Repeat Victimization: A Systematic Review. Stockholm: Swedish National Council for Crime Prevention.