International Relations Manager
Sandy works with the Dean and the Director of Internationalisation to develop our ambitious international agenda, and leads the School’s International Relations team.
Before coming to Loughborough, Sandy worked at the University of York for eight years. As International Relations Manager she worked in all aspects of internationalisation, and managed York’s research and teaching activities as member of a leading international Higher Education consortium.
At Loughborough Sandy works with members of the School and the wider University and with partners and prospective partners to promote and support a range of international initiatives and activities including:
- Developing strategic international partnerships
- Increasing international opportunities for students – e.g, exchanges and study abroad, internships, and summer schools
- Working with discipline groups to develop their international agendas
- Expanding the international dimension in the curriculum including via joint teaching programmes
- Developing student and staff intercultural competencies
- Developing stronger links with our international alumni
Before working in higher education, Sandy worked for a national charity, as an immigration and asylum lawyer. She has also worked in the museums sector, and has lived and worked in France and Italy. She has postgraduate qualifications in Law and in Museums Management.