Professor Ian Lings B.Sc, MBA, PhD
Head of School; Advertising, Marketing and Public Relations, QUT, Australia
Ian obtained his first degree in chemistry from Nottingham Trent University in the UK, and after several years with Shell UK, he obtained first an MBA and later a PhD from Aston University, UK.
- Internal marketing
- Employer Branding
- Services marketing and services strategy
- Service quality and satisfaction
- Social psychology in marketing
His research is centred in two theoretical domains
- Social and organisational psychology, applied to internal marketing, employer branding, service relationships, and service quality. His research in this area is applied to exploring the firm-employee-customer triad.
- Strategic management theory. His research is applied to the management of the firm-market relationships as a strategic resource.
His research in these areas has appeared in a range of journals including
- the International Journal of Research In Marketing
- the Journal of Service Research
- the Journal of Business Research
- Long Range Planning
- the Journal of Services Marketing
- the Journal of Strategic Marketing.
Ian was the recipient of the 2000 Chartered Institute of Marketing Research Excellence Prize, and has received the following awards for best papers from the Academy of Marketing Conference
- 2004: services marketing paper
- 2007: sports marketing paper.
- 2000: Chartered Institute of Marketing Research Excellence Award
- 2004: Best Paper Award – Academy of Marketing Conference, “The Impact of Empowerment on Customer Orientation”
- 2007: Best Paper Award – Academy of Marketing Conference, “Buying a Sponsor’s Brand: The Role of Affective Commitment to the Sponsored Tea”.