Professor Bo Edvardsson PhD
Professor of Business Administration and Vice Rector
Professor Edvardsson has a long history of undertaking innovative and original research into services management of international standing. He has published papers in many leading international journals, including: Journal of Product Innovation Management, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Organizational Dynamics, Technovation, Industrial Marketing Management and Journal of Service Research
Professor Edvardsson has held numerous honorary appointments at reputable Universities, and has won many prestigious awards in respect of both his research and teaching (for instance, he has received a lifetime achievement to scholarship award by The European Association for Service Research, a Career Contribution Award to the Services Discipline by the American Marketing Association, and has been awarded an honorary doctorate from the Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Hanken, Finland). He also has held senior editorial roles (e.g., Editor of the International Journal of Service Industry Management), and stands on the editorial boards of numerous journals.
There are also links to other fields such as marketing, design, organization theory and human resources management, business-to-business marketing, general management, entrepreneurship, quality control and operations management
- 2013 Edvardsson was appointed Honorary Distinguished Professor of Service Management, EGADE Business School, Monterrey Tech, Mexico.
- 2013 Bo was appointed Distinguished Faculty Fellow of the
- Center for Excellence in Service, University of Maryland
- 2013- Edvardsson was appointed a position as “Professor Two” Hedmark University College in Norway.
- 2013 Bo Edvardsson was appointed Distinguished Faculty Fellow of the Center for Excellence in Service at University of Maryland.
- 2011-2013 Bo Edvardsson was appointed a position as “Professor Two” (20%) Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration
- 2011 Bo Edvardsson was appointed Guest professor of Service Management, EMBA Center, Nankai University China
- 2010 Bo Edvardsson was appointed Honorary Visiting fellow in Manchester Business School.
- 2009 Bo Edvardsson was awarded Honorary Doctorate, Swedish School of Economics and Business Administration, Hanken.
- On December 3rd 2008, Bo Edvardsson was awarded for public service with a Medal from the City of Karlstad.
- 2008 The RESER award; “Commendation for lifetime achievement to scholarship” by The European Association for Service Research.
- 2004 Career Contributions to the Services Discipline Award. Presented by Services Marketing Special Interest Group (ServSig) of the American Marketing Association.
- Editor International Journal of Service Industry Management 2005-2010.
- Member of the editorial staff of the following journals: International Journal of Service Industry Management, Managing Service Quality, International Journal of Internet Marketing & Advertising and Journal of Service Research.
- Member of organizational committees for several research conferences on Service Management and for the international symposium on Quality in Services, QUIS 1–11, held every other year since 1988 alternately in Sweden and in the USA. Coordinator of the International Academy of Services Research and Education.
- Opponent at 21 dissertations in Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway and England.
- Take part in Executive seminars in Malaysia and Singapore and other countries on a regular basis.
- Invited Key-note speaker at a number of conferences such as THE RESER 2008 conference in Stuttgart in September, MarkStrat Helsinki January 22nd 2009, Service for The Future ISS National University of Singapore March 2010, Service Innovation Circus Helsinki June 3rd 2010, Frontiers In Service Conference Karlstad June 13th 2010, Second International Conference on Service Science and Innovation August 9th 2010