Doctoral Researcher in Information Management
I am an experienced professional with extensive experiences of working in the voluntary, community and public sectors in the UK as well as overseas. Before undertaking my PhD research programme, I was running my own management consultancy providing a range of training, research and consultancy services, both here and overseas. I have a variety of experiences of teaching and student supervision on community development and youth work programmes at the Universities of Derby, De Montfort, Leicester, Ruskin College, Oxford and the Open University.
I have a BA (Hons) Economics (the University of Manchester); a Graduate Diploma in Community Education (Leicester Polytechnic subsequently De Montfort University) and a MA in Policy, Organisation and Change in Professional Care (Loughborough University).
My research interests revolve around knowledge brokering and management as a humanistic discipline, professionals as reflective practitioners, volunteer workforce development, equality and inclusion in social welfare and inter-agency collaboration.
My research is about how knowledge brokers and brokering processes can facilitate collaborative working, joint enterprises and mutual knowledge sharing in organisations that are striving to work in partnership. As a starting point, my conceptual framework for knowledge brokering and the action research approach I have taken, acknowledge the significance of validating and building on existing experiences, knowledge and skills. The research approach I have adopted is a derivative of action research, insider action research, and the research site was a voluntary and community sector partnership where I was employed for two years as a Knowledge Management Officer.
Dr. Gillian Ragsdell and Dr. Lazaros Goutas
The working title of my thesis is “Knowledge brokering: A practice intervention and pathway to knowledge sharing in partnership organisations”.
- Chauhan, V., Ragsdell, G. and Olphert, W., 2015. Action inquiry for investigating knowledge management within social welfare partnerships in Proceedings of the 16th. European Conference on Knowledge Management, Udine, Italy, 3-4 September 2015, pp. 905 - 912.
- Chauhan, V. and Rix, J., 2011. That makes a change: Leading and changing cultures, Unit 19, Course E214 Equality, participation and inclusion: Learning from each other. Open University, Milton Keynes.
- Chauhan, V., Simmons, K. and Roaf, C., 2011. Are you being served? Unit 13, Course E214 Equality, participation and inclusion: Learning from each other. Open University, Milton Keynes.
- Kumrai, R., Hoy, J. and Chauhan, V., 2011. Boundary crossings: Using participatory theatre as a site for deepening learning in Special Issue of Teaching in Higher Education. May, pp. 1-12.
- Kumrai, R., Chauhan, V. and Hoy, J., 2009. Using action-learning in the professional development of work-based practitioners, final report, PBPL paper 30. The Open University, Milton Keynes.