Syed Muhammad Taqi Zaidi
Doctoral Researcher in Accounting and Financial Management
I joined Loughborough University in October 2012. My area of research is Corporate Governance, Corporate Finance, Financial Accounting and behavioural Finance. I am currently working in the field of corporate governance. The focus of my research is study of Board duty and board members and their role on effective decision making and firm’s performance.
I have completed my MSc in Finance from Lancaster University, UK. I also hold the MBA (Finance) degree from Lahore School of Economics, Pakistan. Before coming to UK for my MSc, I have worked for two years as a full time Lecturer at the public university of Pakistan (COMSATS).
My career objective is to excel in the field of academics and research with the help of providing consistently improved skills and updated knowledge & performing research activities in the Accounting and Finance disciplines especially in the area of Corporate Governance.
- Corporate Governance
- Board of directors and firm performance
- Investigate the role of Board Committees
- Corporate Finance
- Study the positives and negatives of multiple board appointments by Non-executive directors at Public listed firms in UK.
- Study the impact of board busyness on firm performance
- Study the busyness of the non-executive directors on the basis of committee memberships.
- Impact of Audit committee on firm performance.
Prof. Noel O’ Sullivan
An Impact of Director Busyness on firm Performance