Doctoral Researcher in Marketing and Retailing
Katrin Heucher joined the Centre for Service Management as a PhD student in April 2017. Previously, Katrin worked in the chemical industry in the areas of international marketing and business strategy.
Throughout her studies, Katrin has gained significant insight into the FMCG and chemical industry and has shown passion for experiencing different cultures (working and studying in Germany, China and UK).
- MSc (with Distinction) in International Management for China from SOAS, University of London (2014-2015).
- BA in Regional Studies China and Business Administration from University of Cologne (2009-2013).
Katrin Heucher has focused on research in business to business relationships, especially in the chemical industry. Her research interests include service management in business to business relationships as well as the growing influence of digitalisation and aspects of sustainability on service ecosystems.
- Professor Thorsten Gruber (Loughborough University)
- Dr Alex Wilson (Loughborough University)
- Dr Ibrahim Abosag (SOAS)
Awards / Scholarships:
- April 2017 – onwards: PhD scholarship awarded by University of Loughborough / United Kingdom
- 2013 - 2014: Heinz Nixdorf Scholarship for future leaders in the Asia Pacific Region (1 of 8 awarded for China), Heinz Nixdorf Foundation / GIZ
- 2012 - 2013: Germany Scholarship and 2010 - 2011 North Rhine Westphalia State Scholarship, for exceptionally talented and committed students, University of Cologne / Germany