Doctoral Researcher in Information Management
Ghosia Ahmed is a PhD student in the School of Business and Economics, Loughborough University. After obtaining her BSc (Hons) in Information Technology and MSc in Business Information Systems from University of London, Ghosia initiated her professional career working as a Business Analyst on multiple projects including CRM, ERP and e-commerce and has proven technical and business capabilities.
Ghosia’s PhD research – a collaboration between Loughborough University and The Energy Technologies Institute (ETI) - draws attention to the largely unexplored area of ‘knowledge security’. Supervised by Dr Gillian Ragsdell, her research aims to establish whether a conflict exists between knowledge sharing and information security practices by exploring their relationship, understanding the impact it can have on an organisation, and, designing solutions using action learning for improving knowledge sharing within and beyond the organisation.
Ghosia’s research has received international recognition for its originality and effectiveness; it was awarded the prize for ‘Best PhD paper and presentation’ at the International Conference on Intellectual Capital and Knowledge Management 2014 in Sydney, Australia, and, was a finalist at the Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards 2015 in Udine, Italy, following which the research case study was published as a chapter in a book.
- Knowledge management
- Information security
- Action learning
- Project teams and organisations
Dr Gillian Ragsdell
'Knowledge Sharing and Information Security: A Conflict of Interest?'
- Ahmed, G., Ragsdell, G., Olphert, W. and Colechin, M. (2015) 'Innovative Contribution to Organisational Knowledge Management Strategy: A Team Action Learning Initiative’, in Remenyi, D. (ed.) Knowledge Management and Intellectual Capital Excellence Awards 2015: An Anthology of Case Histories. Reading, UK, pp. 15-26.
- Ahmed, G., Ragsdell, G. and Olphert, W. (2014) Knowledge sharing in project teams: a research model underpinned by action learning. IN: Rooney, J. and Murthy, V. (eds.) Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning (ICICKM 2014), University of Sydney, Australia, 6-7 November 2014, pp. 455 - 464.
- Ahmed, G., Ragsdell, G. and Olphert, W. (2014) Knowledge sharing and information security: a paradox? IN: Vivas, C. and Sequeira, P. (eds.) Proceedings of the 15th European Conference on Knowledge Management (ECKM 2014), Polytechnic Institute of Santarém, Portugal, 4-5 September 2014, pp. 1083 - 1090.
- Ragsdell, G., Probets, S., Ahmed, G. and Murray, I. (2014) ‘Knowledge Audit: Findings from the Energy Sector’, Knowledge and Process Management, 21(4), pp. 270-279.
- Ragsdell, G., Probets, S., Ahmed, G. and Murray, I. (2013) Knowledge audit: findings from a case study in the energy sector. IN: Janiunaite, B. and Petraite, M. (eds.) Proceedings of the 14th European Conference on Knowledge Management (ECKM 2013), Kaunus University of Technology, Lithuania, 5-6 September 2013, pp. 584 – 593.