IMBT student profile
Find out what Abiodun Oyewale thinks of his postgraduate degree programme and the opportunities available in the School of Business and Economics.
MSc Information Management and Business Technology
2016 entry - 1 year full-time / 2-4 years part-time
- About the programme
- Career opportunities
- Entry criteria
- Next Steps
Developed alongside industry to be commercially relevant, our specialist programme is designed to produce graduates who understand the professional, managerial and technical dimensions of information management and business technology.
There is currently a shortage of hybrid managers within industry and this programme has been developed specifically to address this gap.
As a student you will benefit not only from our renowned academic lecturers and state-of-the-art facilities, but also from a range of additional opportunities including industry speakers from companies such as BT, IBM and SAP.
Graduates of this course are equipped with the core skills required to obtain a first professional post in the sector, as well as the learning and leadership skills needed for professional development beyond that.
Learning, teaching and assessment
Teaching on the Information Management and Business Technology programme is provided by our world-renowned specialist staff using a number of methods, including: lectures, seminars, group work, feedback forums, e-learning, one-to-one sessions with programme tutors and workshops. Modules are assessed by a combination of examinations and skills-based courseworks.
The School reserves the right to vary the list of all modules.
All modules are compulsory.
- Business Relationships Management
- Information Architecture
- Management of IT Systems
- Collaborative Working with Technology
- Managing Knowledge in Organisations
- Information and Social Network Analysis
- Business Technologies and Platforms
- Project Management and Leadership
This programme has been developed with industry to address the short-fall in hybrid managers and so doing, to provide graduates with hybrid information management and business technology knowledge and experience.
Example destinations include:
- Advanced Computer Software Group Plc – IT Manager
- Alliance Boots – Trainee Manager
- Amtec Developments – Project Manager
- Darwin Recruitment – Recruitment Consultant
- FESCO – Security Engineer
- GL Industrial Services UK Ltd – Proposals Manager
- Teach First – Trainee Teacher
- Tesco – Graduate Scheme
- The Leadership Trust – Marketing Intern
A good honours degree (2:2 or higher), preferably in a business or information technology-related subject, from a UK university or equivalent overseas qualification recognised by Loughborough University though other degree backgrounds will be considered.
See our full list of International Qualification Equivalencies for all countries. Degrees must be obtained from a university or institution recognised by Loughborough University. Please contact us to clarify if required.
English language requirement for international students
IELTS: overall 6.5 with minimum 6.0 in each component
IELTS is waived for International students based in the UK who either:
- achieve a 2.1 academic classification from a UK university
- OR who have studied in UK for 2+ years and meet the academic entry requirements for the programme
If you are interested in studying our Information Management and Business Technology MSc please follow the links for further useful information:
- Fees and funding - find out how much your programme will cost
- How to apply - tips on the application process
- Masters open days - a chance to visit the facilities and meet our academics
- Student experience - find out about our award-winning student experience
- Student profiles - read profiles and watch videos from our students and alumni
- Accommodation - find out about living in Loughborough
- International students - extra information for international students
To enquire about our Information Management and Business Technology programme please contact:
Postgraduate Admissions Team
Tel: +44 (0)1509 223121