5 September 2018
Supervisors: How can they help or hinder the development of a safety culture?
Presented By HASTAM
About this event
There will be presentations, case studies and discussion of good and bad practice from our academic and industry speakers.
Topics for the day include:
- How do supervisors respond to the safety culture of their organisation and influence the safety culture for their team?
- How does your organisation’s culture help or hinder supervisors in their safety responsibilities?
- What training, development and leadership do supervisors need to enable progress in safety culture maturity and improved performance in the following key areas:
- Establishing safety performance requirements
- Safety training, skills development and competence assessment
- Active safety leadership
- Safety problem identification
- Incident, near miss and unsafe acts and conditions reporting and investigation.
Explore how the role, training and development of supervisors/first line managers may help or hinder progress with safety culture maturity.
This workshop is part of the Hastam’s Safety Culture Benchmarking Partnership
Current partners include: Apetito, Anglian Water, British Red Cross, CWGC, Diageo, Environment Agency, Imperial College, Metropolitan Police, Mars, Total Produce, Welsh Water.
How it works: You can attend once as a guest for £199 per person and you can purchase up to two places per company. This allows you to experience the workshop element of the partnership and see if you find it helpful. After attending as a guest, you need to decide if you want to sign up or not. The partnership includes two places per event and there are two events each year. It is up to you how you make use of the places at the events. You can send the same two people each time or you can send different members of the safety team or send senior management with a role in safety.
The consultancy is for members only – for each event / topic we will either do a benchmarking survey around the agreed topic and share the results among partners or we will choose two partner companies and do a short, clearly defined, piece of consultancy and the results of this work will be shared with all other partners. The cost of the consultancy is included in the £1500 annual membership fee as everyone benefits from the results, even if they don’t take part in the consultancy.
If you require any more information please feel free to call 01509 410380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org