The Glendonbrook Centre for Enterprise Development
- What we’re doing
What we're doing
2014 National Enterprise Educator Awards
The SBE team that developed the FutureLearn MOOC in Innovation and Enterprise was shortlisted for the 2014 National Enterprise Educator Awards. The NEE Awards, run by NCEE and EEUK, celebrates the achievements of those who show exceptional and inspirational commitment to supporting student and graduate entrepreneurship.
Julie Holland, Amanda Berry, Jeannie Holstein and Phil Wilkinson-Blake who comprise the SBE team were shortlisted in the HE Enterprise Educators category - up against teams from Leeds and Sheffield Universities.
Enterprise and Innovation MOOC
The Glendonbrook Centre is leading the University’s contribution to Future Learn through the development of an introductory Enterprise & Innovation MOOC. In addition to the opportunities it will directly provide, it is expected that lessons learned will inform the development of more substantial on-line courses in the future and that these will benefit not only Loughborough students but many more learners around the world.
The MOOC first went live in April 2014 and has since run twice more - overall, the course has been very well received!
Glendonbrook in China
Staff from the Glendonbrook Centre visited Beijing in late 2014 to forge collaborations with Chinese universities involved in enterprise education. We also visited companies who employ our graduates and placement students to build our knowledge of the opportunities available and the recruitment process. More to follow!
- Dr Amanda Berry wins Early Career Teacher of the Year at the 2015 SBE Awards Dinner
- MOOC team shortlisted for 2014 National Enterprise Educators Award
- Enterprise tops the Think Big awards this year at the University
- The School Receives the prestigious Small Business Charter Award [Silver]
- Loughborough joins MIT in new global entrepreneurship programme
- Research Findings Indicate Travel ‘Enterprises’ the Mind
- Dr Julie Holland made Fellow of Enterprise Educators UK
- Management Board and Executive Group to take forward Business School Charter