Media and Communications History (MACH)
The MACH research network is based in the School of Social, Political and Geographical Sciences while extending into other Schools as well. It was established in 2015 with the following aims:
- to provide a historical perspective on the discussion of media and communications;
- to promote interdisciplinary collaboration in researching media and communications;
- to engage in joint projects, such as conferences and external funding applications;
- to forge links with like-minded researchers across the UK and internationally;
- to run a seminar series offering an informal space for discussion of relevant themes, in particular for postgraduate researchers.