Over the course of its history Politics, History and International Relations has gained a reputation for internationally-renown research.
Departmental staff edit peer-reviewed journals; serve on the editorial boards of a number leading journals; and convene specialist groups including the French Politics and Policy Group and the Anarchist Studies Network.
The Department hosts three research groups:
Staff are active in a range of national and international academic associations, including:
- the American Political Science Association
- the British International Studies Association
- the European Consortium for Political Research
- the International Political Science Association
- the Political Studies Association
- the Victorian Studies Association
- the University Association for Contemporary European Studies
- the Association for the Study of Modern & Contemporary France
- the Centre international de recherches sur l’anarchisme (Lausanne)
- the Centre international de recherches sur l’anarchisme (Marseille)
If you are interested in receiving more information about our activities, please contact the Director of Research.