Dr Andrew Clarke BEng DPhil CEng MIMechE CPhys MInstP MSAE FHEA
Senior Lecturer in Thermodynamics
- National Diploma in Technology [Engineering], South Kent College of Technology.
- University education:
- Queen Mary College, University of London, Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) first class with honours,
- University of Oxford (Linarce College) research into micro-gravity combustion of fuel/air mixtures with diluents.
- In 1994 joined the Large Engines Group at Ricardo Consulting Engineers as a development engineer.
- Promoted to Project Engineer 1996.
- Transferred to Powertrains Research Group in 1997.
- Lecturer in Thermodynamics at Loughborough University 1999-present.
Research Interests and Activities
- Fundamental premixed combustion studies
- IC engines combustion and emissions modelling
- Micro-gravity combustion
- Chemical kinetics of combustion and pollutants
- Alternative and sustainable fuels for power generation and transportation
- Professional affiliations and grades:
- Chartered Engineer
- Member of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- Chartered Physicist
- Member of the Institute of Physics
- Member of the Society of Automotive Engineers
- Committee member of the IOP Combustion Physics Group
- Referee for Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Institute of Physics, Society of Automotive Engineers, Institute of Energy, International Journal of Sustainable Engineering.
- Consultant to a number of engineering companies
- Responsible examiner for first year Thermofluids MMA800
- Member of management team for Foundation studies
Admissions tutor for Foundation route candidates